About Department :
- The Department of civil engineering has been functioning since 2011 and has grown into a full-fledged department with specializations in all the major areas of Civil Engineering. The department has produced several eminent engineers who have made significant contributions in the planning and execution of Civil Engineering projects in India as well as abroad. The department has highly qualified faculty members engaged in teaching with the aim of achieving excellence in various fields. The faculty members are specialized in different disciplines of Civil Engineering.
- Civil Engineering deals with creating designs, constructing and maintaining physical structures including rails, roads, bridges, buildings, dams, etc. Civil Engineering is one of the highly critical engineering domains where a perfectly built structure can facilitate people with much comfort but a minor mistake made by an engineer can take away hundreds of lives in seconds. So, deep knowledge and perfect understanding of the concepts and requirements of civil engineering is highly desirable. This perfection in learning starts with the search of a good engineering college whose only aim is to produce highly skilled professionals with adequate knowledge and competency. LDRP-ITR is the Best Civil Engineering College in Gandhinagar and Ahmadabad Region end up this search by providing highly quality and reliable teaching and training curriculum and facilities to the students.
- The department has well equipped laboratories, namely mechanics of solids, structural analysis & software labs, concrete technology lab, soil mechanics lab, Environmental Engineering lab, Earthquake Engineering lab, Highway Engineering lab and surveying lab. The state of art infrastructure including high speed internet facility keeps the students well in advanced for various fields
- B.E (Civil Engineering): 60
- M.E Civil (Infrastructure Engineering): 24
- As per Fee Regulatory Committee. (Visit http://www.frctech.ac.in/)
Vision of Department:
To become a school of excellence that brings out civil engineers with high technical competencies and promotes high-end research to meet the current and future challenges in civil engineering
Mission of Department:
- To offer Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate programmes in civil engineering and other skill development courses that add value to student competencies.
- To promote quality education, research and consultancy for industrial and societal needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To impart knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses.
- To establish centers of excellence in emerging areas of research.
- To have regular interaction with industry and offer solutions to their problems.
|Sr. No||Event Type||Event Title||Expert Name & Affiliation||Departmental Coordinator||Duration||Report|
|1||Workshop||Aspiring Engineer’s Caucus||Megha Bhatt||07/12/17 to 24/12/2017||Click Here|
|3||Expert Talk||Comparative Study of Concrete Mix Design as per IS:10262-1982 and IS:10262-2009||Prof. Shivang Jayswal||Megha Bhatt||23/03/2018|
|Sr. No||Industry Name||Date of Visit||Target Audience||Number of Participants||Report|
|1||Dhanvi consultancy, Near Vaishnovdevi circle, S.P.ring road, Ahmadabad||02/08/2017||65,3|
|2||Water treatment plant, Kotarpur||19/9/17||71,3|
|3||Railway model Room ,Baroda||17/09/2016||59,4|
|4||Satellite Green Campus||28/1/18||16 students 2 faculties|
|5||Mundra port||15/03/2018 ,
|6||Waste water treatment plant, Pirana, Ahmedabad||24/03/2018||51,03|
|8||Satellite Green Campus||28/03/2018||58,03|
|9||Model making competition||31/03/2018||03,01|
|10||Sardar sarovar dam,Karjan dam||03/04/2017||74,05|
|Sr. No||Name Of Faculty||Paper Title||Journal / Conference Name||ISSN||Month/Year|
|1||Ankita J.Parikh||Soil Stabilization of using baggasse ash||National Conference On Recent Trends And Development In Civil Engineering||–||FEB’18|
|2||Ankita J.Parikh||Soil Stabilization of using baggasse ash||International Journal Of Pure And Applied Research In Engineering And Technology||ISSN: 2319-507X||FEB’18|
Storm Water Management A Case Study Of Gandhinagar City
International Research Journal Of Engineering And Technology (IRJET)
P-ISSN: 2395-0072 Volume: 04
Issue: 12 Www.Irjet.Net
Storm Water Management Of Developing City Using Storage Practice
|International Journal Of Advance Research In Engineering, Science & Technology||E-ISSN: 2393-9877,
P-ISSN: 2394-2444 Volume 5,Issue 3,
Impact Factor (SJIF): 5.301
|5||Yogesh P. Patel||New Bus Terminal Design Of
Smart City Gandhinagar
|International Journal Of Advance Research In Engineering, Science &Technology (IJAREST)||E-ISSN: 2393-9877
|6||Yogesh P. Patel||Redesign Of Gandhinagar Bus Terminal
A Case Study
|International Research Journal Of Engineering And Technology (IRJET)||E-ISSN: 2395-0056
|7||Krupa R. Dave||Economic & Feasible Solution For Pavement Failure In BRTS Ahmedabad
|IJIRT||ISSN: 2349-6002 Volume 4 Issue 5||October 2017|
|8||Krupa R. Dave||Impact On Employment Via Public Transit System||International Research Journal Of Engineering And Technology (IRJET)||E-ISSN: 2395-0056
P-ISSN: 2395-0072 Volume: 05
Issue: 1 Www.Irjet.Net
|9||Krupa R. Dave||Optimization Of Public Transportation To Link Empolyment||International Journal Of Innovative Research In Technology (IJIRT)||ISSN: 2349-6002
Volume 4, Issue:4
|10||LABDHI A. SHETH||A COMPREHENSIVE STUDYOF CONSTRUCTION AND DEMOLITION WASTE||National Conference On Recent Trends And Development In Civil Engineering||–||FEB’18|
|11||LABDHI A. SHETH||A COMPREHENSIVE STUDYOF CONSTRUCTION AND DEMOLITION WASTE MANAGEMENT||International Journal Of Pure And Applied Research In Engineering And Technology||ISSN: 2319-507X||FEB’18|
|12||Rinni H Shah||Study Of Improving Rural Infrastructure To Transform Village Into A Smart Village- A Case Study Of Kolavada Village Dist- Gandhinagar||International Journal Of Advance Research In Engineering Science And Technology(IJAREST)||E-2393-9877
|13||Rinni H Shah||Smart Village- A Case Study Of Kolavada Village||International Research Journal Of Engineering And Technology(IRJET)||E-2395-0056
|14||Kinnari R Mishra||An Approach Towards Rurbanisation for Pansar Village||International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology
Volume 4 Issue 10
|15||Kinnari R Mishra||An Approach Towards Rurbanisation for Pansar Village||International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET)
|16||Mr. Parth Patel||Structural evaluation of flexible pavement by Benkelman beam of state highway 133 of (K-7 to vavol)||International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering Science and Technology||ISSN : 2394-2444||March 2018|
|17||Mr. Parth Patel||Evaluation of Flexible pavement : Reviews||International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology||e-ISSN : 2395-0056
p-ISSN : 2395-0072
|18||Mr. Parth Patel||Review on Congestion Pricing Using Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) System||International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology||ISSN : 2349-6002||March 2018|
|19||Mr. Parth Patel||To Check feasibility of ERP (Electronic Road Pricing) System at C G Road Ahmedabad||International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology||e-ISSN : 2395-0056
p-ISSN : 2395-0072
|20||Mr. Umang Patel||Risk Identification and Risk Assessment in Real Estate Projects||International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering Science and Technology||ISSN : 2394-2444||March-2018|
|21||Mr. Umang Patel||A Case study on Risk Identification and Risk Assessment in Real Estate Projects||International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology||e-ISSN : 2395-0056
p-ISSN : 2395-0072
|22||Mr. Umang Patel||Importance of Project Risk Management in Construction of Multi Story Building||International Journal for Scientific Research & Development||ISSN : 2321-0613||February 2018|
|23||Mr. Umang Patel||A Study of Risk Management of Multi Story Building through interpretive Structural Modeling (ISM) and Fuzzy Approach||International Journal for Scientific Research & Development||ISSN : 2321-0613||March 2018|
|24||Ashok C.Patel||About Urban Sprawl: A case study of Ahmedabad District.||International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology(IRJET)Vol-5,Isuue-1,2018||ISSN:2395-50056||January-2018|
|25||Ashok C.Patel||Urban Sprawl and Comparison of Travel Indicators.||International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology (IJIRT)Vol-4,Issue-10,2018||ISSN:2349-6002||March-2018|
|26||Ashok C.Patel||Recycling of Asphalt Pavements||International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology(IRJET)||ISSN:2395-0072||January-2018|
|27||Ashok C.Patel||Study of Reclaimed Asphalt Pavements||International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology (IJIRT)||ISSN:2349-6002||March-2018|
|Sr. No||Name of Student(s)||Achievement||Event Detail||Mentor Name||Month/Year|
|1||Amey Gadkari||1st prize||Ultra tech sparkling contest at LDCE||Megha Bhatt||January ,2018|
|2||Daksh Shah||1st prize||Ultra tech sparkling contest at LDCE||Megha Bhatt||January ,2018|
- MOU between LDRP Institute of Technology and Research, Gandhinagar and VMS Engineering and Design Services Private Limited, Ahmadabad is Cooperation would be of mutual benefit and would serve as indication of continued interest in joint activity like training programme and exchange of expert, it is agreed the institution will synergistically explore
- MOU between LDRP Institute of Technology and Research, Gandhinagar and Gujarat Jal Seva Talim Bhavan (Government of Gujarat), Gandhinagar, is Cooperation would be of mutual benefit and would serve as indication of continued interest in joint activity like training programme and exchange of expert, it is agreed the institution will synergistically explore.